I was originally going to write about a different topic today but have decided to save it for another time because my brain is just not wanting to write anything in-depth today.
BUT, I would like to share a couple things I've decided.
I've talked about my trip to Italy that's coming up in February and (briefly) about my trip to Germany in April. However, I of course would like to do some traveling in France too! So I thought about some places in France I'd really like to go before I leave and came up with the following.
1) The D-day Beaches near Caen, France.
- Where the Allied Forces landed on June 6, 1944; there's also a museum in Caen and an American Cemetery.
2) Mont-St-Michel island monastery
- A beautiful castle/monastery just off the coast of Lower Normandy. At low tide, you can walk there. A monastery has existed there since the 8th century!
3) Nice, France
- The French Riviera! What's not to love? Plus, I know an assistant who is teaching there now and I'd like to visit her.
The D-day beaches are closest to me so I am thinking about hitting those up in February, but I might wait until later depending on how much money I have for Italy. Mostly because I want to do a tour there, and that's a bit expensive (but the best way to see all the sites).
Not sure about when to go to Mont-St-Michel either, as I haven't done much research about it yet, but the plan now is to go to Nice in mid-March. Hopefully they will have some good weather then! (Their weather is generally way better than Normandy anyway.)
Anyway, that's all for today! Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. See you again soon!
(Pictures credit: 1- stamperdad.wordpress.com; 2-wikipedia Mont-St-Michel article; 3- nicefrance.ca )