Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15: The Best Place to Watch the NYE Fireworks in London

So I promised to write about my New Year's Eve in London and I finally have pictures to show you!

I left my friend Kate's house in Ashford around noon on the 31st and traveled to London on the train. I met my friend at her house and then we got on the tube for her boyfriend's place not long after. In the tube, we heard an announcement that the areas in Central London near the fireworks would be full by 9pm! CRAZY TIMES.

We got to Kate's boyfriend's house at around 8, made pizza and played monopoly for a while, then left around 10:30 to go to Primrose Hill, near Regent's Park.

Primrose Hill is one of the highest points in London and we had a great panoramic view of the city.

 Check out this view (image via wikipedia)

We got there about an hour before midnight. There were quite a few people there but nothing compared to the madness in Central London. More people arrived as it got closer to midnight so it was a bit crowded but nothing terrible.


Some people were jamming on guitars and bongos. Other people were lighting and setting off Chinese lanterns. There were a few instances of premature fireworks going off nearby. 

Finally, when we reached midnight, we kinda made up our own countdown and not long after the fireworks started. The pictures don't do it justice but it was great! 

nye016

There were fireworks going off all over the city, not just next to the Eye, but they were definitely the biggest and best. 

All in all, it was a wonderful and not particularly stressful night! I had a great time with my friends. 

nye011

How was your New Year's 2013? Where did you spend it? Leave me a comment!

xx Kaylin

(All pictures after #1 courtesy of Kate Beard)

No comments:

Post a Comment