Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16: Trip Update on Italy

Sorry the update is so short today. Not much going on in my little corner of the world right now. I've mostly spent my day today (no school) feeling crappy but working out my Italy trip nonetheless. It is officially planned (mostly)! I have a couchsurfing host in Florence, a very cheap hostel booked in Rome (thanks to the HostelBookers sale going on right now), and have a hostel picked out in Naples but I'm waiting on my friend to book flights to Naples first so we can maybe book together. Should be booking that hostel, plus my trains in the next few days.

I've got my budget worked out and have come up with very suitable numbers for my cheap ass poor frugal side. I'll post again after the trip to see if the numbers matched up like I hope they do. 

I've got a list of sights and their prices worked out for each city. To that effect, I've found that the Firenze Card and Roma Pass are both very reasonably priced compared to the price of attractions I want to see. Plus, they include free public transportation! So I will be taking advantage of these cards. 

I'm also working on maps of each city with locations of each place on the map... can you tell I'm a planner???

I can't wait to head to beautiful Florence, Rome, and Pompeii next month!!!! 

See you soon, Colosseo! (picture: http://wikitravel.org/en/Rome)

See you,
xx Kaylin

No comments:

Post a Comment