Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 33: Thinking about RTW trips

Happy Groundhog Day, America! I have no idea if the groundhog saw his shadow this morning or not, but fingers crossed winter's almost over.

So, I've been reading a lot of blogs lately about RTW trips. For those of you who don't know, this is a "Round The World" trip. Many different people take RTW trips-- young people just out of college, professionals on a career break, families, couples... and people like me, who don't really know what they're doing in life.

I signed up for the BootsNAll Plan Your RTW Trip In 30 Days email subscription. It started yesterday. For 30 days, they are sending emails all about planning a RTW trip.

Now, while I don't see myself going on one any time soon (not until at least after New Zealand) it's something I've thought about on and off for the past few years. A lot of my favorite bloggers have done something similar. However, since I don't really know what New Zealand will hold for me, much less what I plan to do after that, I can't really start planning some grand trip around the world yet. But, as the big 2-5 b'day is coming up this year, I thought it would be appropriate to give myself until the next milestone birthday, at thirty, to take the trip. 5 whole years sounds like a long time to wait, but I remember 5 years ago-- being in college and getting ready to go to France for the first time-- like it was yesterday, so I think the time will pass quicker than it seems now.

Yup, me (and my mom) 5 years ago... I've changed so much right?? lol

So this was the Day 1 challenge of the BootsNAll email from yesterday: Tell Someone. So, I'm telling er-body out here.

Day 2's challenge, from today, was "Why?" Why do you want to go on an RTW trip?

Well, why not? I honestly can't really think of a better way to spend my time and money than traveling to new places and seeing new things. There are plenty... PLENTY... of places in the world I've yet to go that I would like to, and places I've already been to that I'd love to go back and see again too. And of course I'd like to do this while I'm fairly young and mobile, not tied down with anything. I don't think anyone regrets a load of traveling on their death bed, but plenty of people regret not going to see Machu Picchu or the Taj Mahal (two places I'm totally going to see one day).

picture via lonelyplanet.com

And that's about it. I'm going to be blogging about these things over the next 28 more days. Probably not every day, I'll toss some other topics in here for variety, but I am going address every challenge from the emails on here eventually.

If you have any tips about RTW trips, or if you've ever been on one or planning to go on one soon, let me know!

Thanks for reading!
xx Kaylin


PS If you're not watching Supernatural, you should be. I just finished season 4 and it's freaking amazing. Plus what's not to like about this eye candy??
picture via fanpop.com

1 comment: